“Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.”- Author Unknown
In life, whether if it’s personal, professional, or in your business, you will experience challenges that can either cripple you or catapult you to new levels. I have experienced this first hand numerous times with setbacks I have faced in life. Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts. While you may not know it, we’ve been conditioned with limiting beliefs from a very young age. Choose to break that barrier that is in front of you. Yes, it boils down to MAKING A DECISION.
A common theme you will find among successful people regardless of their age, background, ethnicity, or education is their ability to PERSEVERE and MOVE FORWARD. They have this mentality that these hurdles aren’t obstacles, but opportunities for GROWTH. It is not wanting to win that makes you a winner; it is refusing to fail.
Seven Tips to Help You Get through these Storms:
1) Think Temporary. Whatever setback you may have, remember that this too shall pass. Look back at all the things you overcame.
2) Don’t Isolate yourself. You are not alone. If you don’t have anyone, hire someone. You need support. Get rid of that PRIDE.
3) Toot your own Horn. You need to Celebrate yourself. Reward every accomplishment- big and small. Don’t be afraid to let YOU shine.
4) Reflect. Experience isn’t best teacher. Evaluated experience is. You need to take time to look back and review your situation and identify what have you LEARNED.
5) Serve. There are those who are in far worse scenarios than yours. You need to stop focusing on your needs and help others with theirs.
6) Get it. Opportunity comes to those who are hungry for it. You need to do the work and prepare for what you want in life. The universe will give you what you need if you take action. Are you Prepared for that THING that you are wanting?
7) Go BIG. Do not limit yourself. Nothing is too difficult if you truly are committed to and willing to do what it takes. God has equipped you with gifts, talents, and strength. USE IT!
Yes, it will HURT. It will take TIME. It will require DEDICATION. It will require WILL POWER. You will need to make HEALTHY TOUGH decisions. It will require DAILY SACRIFICE. There will be TEMPTATION to give up.
But remember… You are Prepared for every Battle that is in front of you. You are a lot STRONGER than you think. And most importantly… THINK of all the people you will empower and will put on “higher ground” when you overcome this TEST.
So, GO. Use that GRIT and Start Living because YOU ARE WORTH IT.
“Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.”- William Feather